Friday, August 27, 2010

A tale of win and fail

Finally, the Pink Party recap. I know should have posted the PP update on Monday, and I probably would have if a) things had gone exactly as I'd wanted and b) I wasn't aware of the fact that I'm being totally superficial about it.


The fact is, we had a great turnout and raised over $500 for breast cancer research. Our photo booth was a hit, we had more food than anyone could eat, and a good time was had by many. 


So what's my problem? We went with an expanded cocktail party theme, which had everything freshly cooked and individually plated, with the help of two, count them two ladies in the kitchen (and by help, I mean it was just mommy and me). It was a busy, busy day in the kitchen. Unfortunately, my pasta didn't turn out, and I messed up the mix ratio in one of my mocktails, I also didn't have time to make my soup… or frost my cupcakes L. Why didn't I have more things done ahead of time? No room in my refrigerator. Part of my thinks I need a second refrigerator…that would be the crazy part. The sane part of me likes keeping the hydro bill nice and low. 


Of course, another part of the problem is that I spend far too much time reading about perfectly designed and DIY'd parties online. Couple that with a guilty TV pleasure that is Party Mammas, which makes me want to constantly raise my hostess' bar.


Of course, this was only the first big party I've thrown in my new house, so I'm trying to forgive myself a little. And in the end, the Pink Party wasn't about me anyway. It was about spreading awareness and helping to fund a cure for breast cancer, and I'm proud to say we did both of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment