Monday, August 30, 2010

LACKing Creativity: What to do with a $7.99 side table

Ikea has recently lowered the prices on a few of their items and this Lack table happens to be one of them. It now costs a whopping $7.99! Super cool.

While I don't exactly need a Lack table in its default form, I can't help trying to come up with something to do with it. You may blame Ikea Hacker for that thought.I've considered sticking adding an upholstered top for some quick and easy extra seating, adding some casters, some tile or trying my hand at decoupage.

Still, nothing has truly come together as a valid idea, so of course I turned to the interwebs for inspiration. Here are a couple of interesting finds:





Pretty double Lack coffee table from Apartment Therapy:


Double decker Lack bedside table from Ikea Hacker:


 
That bedside table makes me wonder what it would look like if one took a couple more Lacks and stacked them to make a sort of curio or knick knack display tower. Although I'm still not convinced that this is the project I'm looking for. I'm sure I'll find something, a little Lack inspiration.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be done with one of these 8 dollar beauties.

4 comments:

  1. $7.99? Could you possibly pick up 2 of those for me? I need bedside tables in the upstairs bedroom! Perhaps you guys could deliver/visit? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be more than happy to grab a couple for you. Do you know what color you need?

    Yes, we are a bit overdue for a trip out yonder. We should try to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have different colours? I was thinking gold, yellow, brown or something like that. I figured they could be painted. Colour scheme for the room is yellow walls with gold drapes & maple furniture.

    Let me know when you'd like to visit - reservations may be necessary - only 2 guest bedrooms & 9 offspring & 2 siblings that visit....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll confer with Sir Hubby about the visit. In regard to the tables however, there are actually several colors. The wood finishes are $2 more, at $9.99. They have them in white, black, yellow, birch, and a few others that I can't recall:

    http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40104270

    ReplyDelete