Thursday, July 29, 2010

Living room inspiration: Beachy, blue-greens and built-ins

So the living room/dining room redesign continues. After bathing the walls in a wonderfully serene blue-green I need some more inspiration for the next design phase. I haven't said much about this project, mainly because I'm still trying to get my thoughts together. Generally, I have a good idea of vibes and feels that I want in a room. But when I get down to execution, I'm all over the place. More about the LR/DR revamp in a few days.




Onto the decor candy. These are a few of the rooms that are inspiring my redesign:


Gorgeous and wonderfully serene living room found posted on Decor Pad, with the built-ins I covet like crazy!

Well executed use of slipcovers from 32 the Green When used properly, slipcovers can provide an insane amount of versatility in a living room.


This is just an all around fabulous living room design! Love the colors, love the wallpaper, love the unexpected punch of the cheetah chair. Love it!

What really stands out for me in this picture, is the way Hit Decors shocks the living room design with the bright blue of those curtains against a pale yellow wall. I'm seriously considering doing the opposite effect, with a buttery yellow curtain against my blue-green wall...although I'm just not sure if I'm brave enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment