Friday, August 13, 2010

Mocktail Maddness



Long time no see! Bad blogger, I know; but it's summertime and life has been busy. However, we now have only one week till the Pink Party! Can you believe it?! Seems like just the other day it was just a thought. So now I'm in power planning mode. Also known as the result of far too much summer fun induced procrastinating. Hey, we can't all be Martha, you know what I mean.

So now here I am with this grand vision in mind and a massive to-do, to-buy and to-make list. First on today's post-day job check list: Get the Mocktial Bar gear together! I'll be making a bee-line to my nearest Ikea for some fantastic essentials.







At the top of my list is this:



This is Ikea's SLOM bottle, which holds about 1 litre of liquid and will make an ab fab means of bevvy storage and decanting for the selection of juices/teas that will comprise the mocktail bar. Also on my must get Ikea list are these great SODA straws:

I really only need a few of the colors, but at under $2 bucks for 200 straws, I think I can deal with picking through colors...and chances are I'll need the other colors for some other event in the future. I also have need of some new cocktail glasses, but I'll be hitting up my local Dollarama for those.

The mocktail bar will feature one signature cocktail accompanied by about different juices and teas, some fizzy additions like spicy ginger beer, club soda and this really tasty elderflower pop. I'm also considering a selection of Jones Sodas. I wanted to go with Izze, but I haven't been able to locate a store that carries it in my area -boo! Of course the usual fruity accessories will be provided -lemons, lines and cherries, along with a recipe board featuring a selection of fun mocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment