Thursday, June 24, 2010

Virgin Bevvies or Vintage Sammies?

That is the big question.

So it's finally confirmed, we will be hosting a pink party in order to participate in Cooking for the Cure.

What we do know is:
The party will be sometime in August and feature the color pink (possibly along with a tangy splash of lemon and tangerine). There will be lots of tasty homemade food. There will be sweets. Guests will be asked to bring a small donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. I will most likely go overboardy.


What we don't know is:


Do with go with a mocktail party or a tea party?

The Mocktail Party would have a bit more splash, with great appies and interesting non-boozy drinks. I would have to consider music and some really great swag. It would be later at night and guys would likely be invited along.

The Tea Party would be more of an afternoon gathering, with a selection of ices and hot teas, vintage tea sandwich recipes, tiny baked treats and other such nibbles. Music would be less important, there would be the possibility of great looking hats, and it would likely be more of a ladies gathering.

At the moment I'm still undecided. Both options sound like fun. Should I go for the mocktail party or the tea party?

2 comments:

  1. I'd vote for mocktails, but I might bring my own flask! ;-) If there's any way I can help out with either type of party, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I'm thinking Mocktails too. Just got a great package of stuff from the BCFC. We now have pink ribbons, some invitations and little bookmarks with information about bc.

    I'll email you about something I might ask you to help out with. Thanks for the offer!

    ReplyDelete