Thursday, June 17, 2010

Miles or perhaps kilometers of milk glass in Ontario


While planning my wedding last year, I began frequenting a wedding planning and DIY blog called Wedding Bee, and while my wedding was over 7 months ago, I still love to visit Wedding Bee every now and again. That's how I came across this post and discovered the understated yet elegant beauty of milk glass.

I am now in possession of three lovely pieces of hob nail and I'm pretty sure that one of them is Fenton.

For anyone in and around the GTA with an interest in collecting milk glass (or other antiques), I've found a veritable gold mine of fabulousness. The St. Jacobs Antique Market is just wonderful for milk glass and several other varieties of collectibles. There is just row after row of antique furniture and dishware, military items, bits of art and housewares. It's about an hour and a half from my neck of the GTA and not a bad drive at all. Of course while you're at it, you absolutely must stop in at the St. Jacobs Farmer's Market for fresh fruit, vegetable, flowers and even a tasty apple fritter or two. It is the perfect summertime, weekend outing. Go have a look!


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment