Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How to get lipstick out of a wedding dress


Much as I love sharing the fabulousness of home decor products, recipes and the like, I'm not usually one to give word of mouth to small packaged goods. HOWEVER, this is where I simply must make a huge exception, because an old tube of something wonderful literally saved my wedding day.

Here's the skinny on my near wedding day disaster. My not so smart makeup artist (who is very lucky to remain unnamed here) thought it would be a good idea to apply my lipstick after I'd donned my wedding dress, while I was standing up, if you can believe that! Several minutes later, after taking some photos I looked down at about hip level and there was a dark pink spot on my dress about the size of a penny. Needless to say, I completely lost it. I mean we're talking full on bridal meltdown! It was not pretty.

After much screaming, near crying and sheer panic, my mom remembered that she had an old tube of something called Didi Seven in the laundry room. So she grabbed it and had my MOH apply little dabs of it with a wet rag, first at home and then in the limo on the way to the church, and I'm telling you, it took the stain right out! I honestly can't think of much worse than lipstick on a wedding dress, before the wedding even got started. But thank God for Didi Seven.

If you're getting married soon, or planning something important that will have you dressed in light colors, I would highly suggest getting a tube of this stuff and keeping it close at hand. Here's their link. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for tip! Will try to find it. I already bought The Beauty Cap. This is a make-up hood that protects my make-up, hairstyle and my dress while dressing. It works great. But want to minimize my stress if something could happen later.

    ReplyDelete