Saturday, June 12, 2010

Quick & Easy Cinnamon Spice Waffles

I awakened this morning to the sound of a torrential downpour. Ok, perhaps it wasn't that dramatic, but there was rain....a lot of it. While the morning's precipitation may have quite literally dampened my plans for mid morning gardening, it opened the door to my absolutely favorite meal opportunity ... The Rainy Day Weekend Breakfast!

I don't know what it is about mornings such as this. For some odd reason, they seem to just fill me with the desire to create something especially delicious. Today, that something was my genuinely quick and easy recipe for Cinnamon Spice Waffles.


Here are the dets (with photos), to help you fill your own kitchen with the absolutely glorious scent of hot, comforting waffles in just 3 easy steps:

The Tools


I have a confession to make. While I sincerely do love Kitchenaid with a passion not typically bestowed upon inanimate things, I've recently turned to another. Yes, my darlings, I've welcomed *gasp* Cuisinart into my kitchen. Shameful, I know, but look at the exquisite lines and timeless beauty of this shiny chrome waffle iron. What choice did I have?


Along with a waffle iron, you will need the following:


1 Large Bowl (or a stand mixer with bowl)
Electric mixer (or a cooking spoon)
Measuring cups
Measuring spoons
Spatula
Pancake flipper








Ingredients

4 eggs
3 cups of milk
1 cup of margarine, melted
4 cups of all-purpose flour
8 teaspoons of baking powder
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 teaspoons of rum flavoring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg



The amount of the ingredients above will provide enough batter for 18 - 20 waffles. Why so many? Because what you don't have now can be divided into packs of two, wrapped in plastic wrap and freezer bags to be kept in the freezer. That way, if you'd like to serve weekday waffles without the preservatives in the store bought frozen kind, all you need to do is grab a pack, unwrap and pop them into the toaster. Even tastier than the store bought kind, and you know exactly what's in them! Of course, making half the recipe and serving them all for breakfast is perfectly fine as well.

Now, just a few quick steps and you're done.






1) . Beat the eggs with a mixer or spoon till foamy.













2). Add the rest of the ingredients and stir till smooth.










3). Measure 1/3 cup of batter for each waffle. Fill the waffle iron then close. Bake for five minutes or until your waffle iron timer sounds (if it is equipped with a timer).

And that's all! Serve with your favorite syrup and enjoy! Easy as 1-2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment