Monday, July 26, 2010

Best Interior Paint EVER!


Like many a Domestinista, I absolutely LOVE decorating and redecorating, (and re redecorating) the rooms in my house. There's nothing like coming up with a brand new color palette, plotting the room organization and filling the space with fabulous bits of furni, tschotskes and other delightful bits.

However, and again like many diva-licious Domestinistas, I'm not so into the toil certain aspects of a redesign can require. Applying interior paint would of course be at the top of my list. I am so not a fan. But what pulls a new room design together more than splashing the walls with a new hue. So hottie hubby and I took ourselves down to the local HoPo , following some lengthy paint chip recon on my part –which he for some reason wanted no part of (who doesn't love staring at rack after rack of similarly colored paint chips?) and selected our interior paint.

Prior to painting, the interior paint in our living room and dining room was a hideous baby poop brown color that the previous homeowners probably got on special, as its hideousness had infected several other rooms as well.

We'd learned from a previous painting adventure that primer was a must have , particularly since I wanted my new interior paint to be a creamy blue green that was much lighter in color. I had also learned from the great kitchen paint of '09 that priming adds another layer of work and I hate it. It messes with my need for instance gratification.

Enter the most fabtastic interior paint ever! CIL Smart is interior paint and primer in one and I LOVE it! It's fantastic, and the only paint I'll ever use from now on. It's thicker than regular paint and apparently very scrubbable; although I can't comment on that aspect just yet.

CIL Smart interior paint helped us take our rooms from that horrible dark brown to a wonderful, creamy pale color in only two coats!

At the cash register, CIL Smart costs about $10 more than CIL's basic interior paint; however, in the end, I think it actually costs less overall. With primer build into the CIL Smart interior paint, you save money on a can or two of primer. You also don't have to buy a second paint tray or tray liner. You don't have to use a second brush/roller or waste water on cleaning a brush/roller before reusing it for your paint. You spend less time painting, which equals less time with the lights on in that room, which equals lower utility cost (ok, I may be reaching there). Lol.

The biggest savings is in effort and time spent painting, which I happen to think is the most important.

So, if you're planning to purchase some interior paint sometime in the near future, maybe give CIL Smart a try. It's very worth it!

http://www.cil.ca/products/brands/cil-smart3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment