Monday, March 18, 2013

A Sweet, Dreamy lavender 1st Birthday Party - part 1

 I confess, I have been a very bad blogger. However, in my defense I have been extremely busy planning and designing my daughter's 1st birthday party. This is probably the one and only birthday where you can get away with doing something that you really love, as opposed to building an entire theme around the latest fad toy, cartoon or totally hot boy band. So, I admit, I did this sweet, dreamy, lavender 1st birthday party for me.


The theme for our lovely lavender birthday party was extremely subtle, and based entirely around something that would be sentimental to my daughter, my husband and me - the two songs I've been singing to her from the day she was born - Baby Mine from Dumbo, and La la loo from Lady and the Tramp. I used a symbol from each song - a heart from Baby Mine and a star from La la loo to build the invitation and decorations, and then just splashed the whole theme with soft shades of lavender, mauve, and white.







Since the theme was based on songs that put my baby to sleep, I wanted everything to be dreamy, soft and floaty. To me, that meant baby's breath and soft colors...

 Plenty of personal touches


  


Age progression banner









 Personalized chocolates



"Grow Like Jo" mini seed packet favors containing lavender and camomile seeds










 Personalized water bottles, cup stickers, and straw flags









Cutlery bands











 and...

Yards and yards of tulle



Tulle on the cake











Tulle peeking out from the Rice Krispie pops
    Tulle on the door 
We also did a tulle table skirt on the sweet table and (my personal favorite), my little girl's super poofy tutu!

It was a wonderful day, and now that it's over, and with Spring around the corner, I'll get back to sharing my gardening experiments and never-ending quests for milk glass.



Credits
Tulle - RibbonsTec
Straws -  KrazyLady Supplies
Baker's Twine - CustomCotton Etc. 
James Braid Photography - Photography
Custom Printables - SimplySoirees











2 comments: