Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gum bottle plus Puffs equals happy baby

I confess, I'm a container horder. Most of the time this just results in a stockpile that eventually goes into the trash. However, sometimes, it really does pay to hold on to some things. A prime example of this is empty gum bottles.

I was at the kitchen table today, trying desperately to have my lunch while my daughter squirmed and protested in her highchair. she had already "enjoyed" her lunch and her toys were oh so yesterday. The bottle of Puffs was still on the table and my husband's empty gum bottle was on the counter, when suddenly I got the idea to drop a handful of Puffs into the gum container. GENIUS! My little girl was entertained for at least 45 minutes (hey, you take what you can). I left the single serve flag on the bottle open, so whenever she tipped the container a certain way a Puff would fall out. She loved it, and I got to enjoy my lunch and my baby's happy smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment