Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Milkglass was made for Easter!

Far more show than tell, I simply had to offer a peek at the pretty that's been hatching throughout my house this Easter. Simply put, milkglass was absolutely made for Easter time. The texture and the milky white looks so fresh and inviting next to the pastel colors of the season. So here are a few pics:


Beautiful On the Breakfast Table


This Fenton pedestal bowl is by far my absolute favorite piece in my collection. I can't think of a nicer nest for this charming swirl of moss and pastel colored Easter eggs.



The tiny ruffled bowl has been filled and refilled about a dozen times already. It seems someone in my house has a weakness for chocolate eggs. But who can blame him really. They are quite tasty.

Lovely in the Living Room


 
Another piece of milkglass plays home to a mossy nest; another Fenton, only this time a slightly larger bowl. Those poor, empty hobnail candle holders are still without candles. Who knew it could be so difficult to find tapers in cornflower blue? BTW -that vase isn't milkglass, it's 1 half of a pair I'd found at HomeSense a while back for use in my wedding decor. Isn't it just delish?!


 
 This terrific trio of milkglass vases came from Value Village. Definitely, a dollar well spent!

 Fun in the Foyer

 Once upon a time that little milkglass compote was filled with lovely Easter colored jelly beans. Again, someone clearly has a problem. And yes, once again, no candles in candle holders. Looks like I've got my own problems to attend to. lol

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I too count some pieces of milk glass along with the other pieces of evidence of my glass obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does make a pretty vignette, while still being useful.

    ReplyDelete